Will Home Insurance Cover Items In A Storage Unit?

If you have possessions locked up in a storage unit in Buford, GA, your home insurance policy does offer some protection for those items. Just about anything you own, if it’s listed in your inventory, if your premiums are paid up, is going to be covered, whether it’s in your home, in your office, in your car, or in your storage unit.

This means that if there’s a disaster or a break-in at your storage facility, you’re going to be covered by your home insurance, rather than by any insurance the storage company may carry.

That said, the insurance that your home insurer provides for off-premises items typically cuts off at a lower limit than on-premises possessions. This is usually set at around 50% unless you’re willing to buy additional insurance. 50% is usually enough, but if you have some particularly valuable items in storage, you may want to consider buying extended coverage.

You can also look into storage unit insurance if you find yourself in the process of moving or will otherwise be without home insurance for any length of time, but if your home insurance policy is active, if it’s paid up, then you don’t really have much to worry about.

If you are looking to buy home insurance in Buford, GA, you can get in touch with us at Town & Country Insurance to get a good deal on a great home insurance policy. Stop by our offices, check out the Town & Country Insurance website, or call us on the phone whenever it’s convenient for you, and we’ll see what we can do to set you up with the protection that you need.

What Types of Commercial Coverage Does Your Home Business Need?

Like any business, your home enterprise needs protection against unfortunate events that can deplete your business finances. At Town & Country Insurance, we’ll assess your home business and recommend appropriate insurance coverage to protect it from harm. Depending on your Buford, GA home enterprise, you may benefit from one or more of the following commercial insurance options:

Property Coverage

Home insurance is designed to protect your home and personal belongings. This may include your business office setup at home, but not your business equipment or inventory. Commercial property insurance will cover your computer, printer, scanner, filing cabinets, and other equipment your business uses at home. This same coverage will protect any inventory you have stored in your house or garage. 

Liability Coverage

If you receive clients regularly at home for business purposes, you may want commercial liability coverage to protect you against accidents. A slip and fall in your driveway could send a client to the hospital with a broken bone, leaving you responsible to pay his medical costs. Commercial liability covers this expense to protect your business profits. It also protects you against lawsuits if someone sues you for damages. Product liability protects you against injuries caused by a product your business produces or sells.

Business Interruption

Even home businesses can be affected by natural disasters. Business interruption insurance covers the loss of revenue, payroll, and other expenses if your home business has to close temporarily due to disaster damage or loss of power.  

Worker’s Comp

If your home business employs three or more part-time, full time or seasonal workers, you’re required to have worker’s comp insurance in Buford, GA by law. This coverage protects your workers from injuries sustained on the job.

To learn more about commercial insurance coverage for home businesses, contact us at Town & Country Insurance.

Recreational Insurance for Residents of Georgia

If you live in Georgia, you’re accustomed to warm, sunny weather many months of the year. It’s perfect for spending time outside. From outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy the adrenaline rush of riding an ATV to those who prefer sunbathing on a boat, nothing brings peace of mind quite like having insurance. Whether you have an ATV, RV, boat, or another recreational vehicle, purchasing insurance is a worthwhile investment. So why should you choose Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA as your recreational insurance provider? Read on to find out why!

Industry Experience: Town & Country Insurance has been serving Buford, GA for more than 10 years. The agents at Town & Country Insurance have many years of experience in various sectors of the insurance and sales industries. They are extremely knowledgeable and will thoroughly explain your options to ensure that you get a policy that best suits your lifestyle.

Personal Attention: Town & Country Insurance agents provide superior customer service. They take the time to get to know you and your specific needs. At Town & Country Insurance, you’re not just a client – you’re family. Town & Country Insurance agents take the time to get to know you, so you’re guaranteed a recreational insurance plan that is unique and personal.

Options: Interested in insuring an RV or boat? Want to add a supplemental policy for an off-road vehicle to an existing plan? Town & Country Insurance offers plenty of affordable options for recreational insurance. Choose from plans that protect both you and your property.

To learn more about what’s covered in a recreational insurance policy, contact Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA today!

What every GA family needs to know about life insurance

Life insurance is an important part of every family’s financial planning, not just those that have young children. If you are in the greater Buford, GA area, the team here at Town & Country Insurance is here to help you find the right life insurance policy to meet your family’s current and future needs. There are many benefits to a life insurance policy in addition to the death benefit.

Important facts to know about life insurance 

In addition to the death benefit, there are other important features that can help all GA families, regardless if they have young children or any children at all. For instance, with the policies that provide cash benefits, there is the ability to access those funds for major life expenses. In fact, life insurance can be a key part of college or retirement planning. Think about having the ability to help your grown children with tuition expenses, providing the down payment for their first home, or taking care of their wedding expenses. These are just a few examples of the way that the cash value of a life insurance policy can provide a benefit to you and your family. 

Of course, it is also important to consider life insurance as a way to provide for a spouse after your death. A death benefit can make the difference between staying in the family home and having to move during an already stressful time.

The team at Town & Country Insurance is here to serve all of your insurance needs, including helping you find the right life insurance policy for your Buford GA area family. Don’t be overwhelmed by all of the options available, we are here to help you find the policy that is right for your needs.

What should you focus on when buying home insurance?

Shopping for homeowners insurance might not be as fun as shopping for the home itself. Many Buford, GA homeowners often focus on insurance prices and fail to balance between price and value. Insurance can be complicated, with many terms and things to think about. At Town & Country Insurance, we can help you with professional insurance advice so that you can make informed decisions regarding home insurance. Here are a few things to focus on when buying home insurance.

Know the amount of insurance you need

Each home insurance policy is different. Your home insurance policy cannot be the same as your neighbor, simply because you are in the same area or bought the same type of house. A lot has to be put into consideration when putting up your policy. Such considerations include:

  • Whether the insurance provider is offering actual cash value or replacement costs
  • Your coverage limits
  • The perils covered and those that are excluded

Know your insurability before shopping

Buying insurance is not just about filling and signing forms. Your insurance provider will ask several questions to know whether you are eligible for insurance or not. They also ask questions to see whether your insurance needs to meet their insurance regulations. Knowing your insurability gives you a better chance to know what to focus on and what not to.

Save save save with deductibles!

When buying insurance, you can save money if you have a higher deductible in your policy. Your insurance company will give discounts and continue increasing these discounts as these deductibles increases. You can compare these discounts from different providers and choose the company with the best deal.

As a first time home insurance buyer, you need to be aware of your coverage, to know the amount of insurance you need and use that as a guide when making a claim. If you still need help to determine your coverage, Town & Country Insurance can help you. Visit our website or office at Buford, GA and meet our expert insurance advisors.


Does a Georgia business need commercial insurance?

One dream that some people have is to eventually start and open their own business. Those that are in the Buford, GA area should consider starting a company in this town. There are many economic benefits in this area that offer a lot of opportunities. When you are looking to start a company in this area, it is important to fully consider your insurance needs. There are many reasons why someone needs to have commercial insurance when starting a company.

Provides Protection From Liability

One important reason why a business should get commercial insurance is that it can provide protection from liability. There is a lot of liability risk that goes along with owning a business. If you have a customer that gets sick or hurt when using your product or service, you could be deemed liable. A full commercial insurance policy will give you coverage to protect against this risk.

Covers Assets From Losses

Starting any type of company will come with an initial investment. This investment is often used to buy inventory and other assets. These assets are often the building blocks of the company and losing them could be devastating. Since the risk of theft, fire, and other negative situations are always present, you need to protect against them as much as possible. The best way to do this is by getting a full commercial insurance policy. 

Those that need to have commercial insurance in the Buford, GA area should call Town & Country Insurance as soon as they can. When they call Town & Country Insurance for their commercial insurance needs, they will quickly find that the company offers great guidance and support. This will help to ensure that you get into a policy that gives the right level of coverage. 

Required Recreational Vehicle Insurance in Georgia

With so much to see and do in Georgia, an RV road trip is sure to be an unforgettable experience. For stress-free travels, make sure you have adequate RV insurance to protect you against breakdowns and accidents. At Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA, we’ll ensure you have the right insurance coverage to meet Georgia requirements and your personal travel needs.

Mandatory RV Insurance in Georgia

By law, Georgia requires RV drivers to carry minimum liability insurance to pay for injuries or damage to others in accidents they cause. If you cause an accident that sends another driver to the hospital or totals his car, your liability coverage will help pay for his medical bills and loss of property so you don’t suffer financial loss.   

As RVs can cause a lot of damage in an accident, you’d do well to obtain more than just minimum coverage to protect your assets against serious accidents you may cause.

Additional Coverage

Liability RV insurance is mandatory in Georgia to protect other drivers. Additional coverage in the form of collision, comprehensive or uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) to protect your vehicle against accidental damage is optional.  

Collision insurance pays for repairs to your RV if you collide into another vehicle or object such as a tree or wall.

Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by non-collision accidents such as falling objects, hail or striking an animal on the road. If your RV is stolen, comprehensive coverage will compensate you for its current market value.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps pay for your medical expenses or RV damage if you’re hit by a driver with insufficient or no insurance coverage, which is more common than people imagine.  

For more information about RV insurance and the protection, it has to offer, call or visit us at Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA.

Prepare for the Unexpected with Life Insurance

Life insurance from Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA can be an investment in your family’s future. You can’t predict when you’ll pass on. You can, however, prepare for unforeseen events by purchasing a life insurance policy today. Here’s how life insurance can help you prepare for the unexpected.

Financial Security

When the time comes, life benefits can provide your family with financial security to carry on after you’re gone. Life benefits can be used to replace lost income, pay off a mortgage or other debts, cover medical expenses, pay for childcare or cover the cost of your children’s college.

If you’re the primary breadwinner in your family, your unexpected demise could leave your spouse and children in dire straits financially. Life benefits will enable your family to maintain the lifestyle they’re used to until your spouse can make provisions for the future.

Support for Aging Parents

In today’s economy, it’s often difficult for seniors to make ends meet after retirement. Your support could be crucial to your parent’s daily living. If you were to unexpectedly pass on, life benefits can continue that support after you’re gone. Your parents can use these benefits to help pay the bills, cover medical costs, start a new business or supplement their retirement.  

Fund a Business Venture

If you’ve started a business with a partner, life benefits can help your partner continue the venture upon your untimely demise. Life benefits can help replace the income you would have invested in the business to help keep your dream alive.

You never know when a fatal accident or illness will result in your unexpected demise. That’s why it’s important to prepare in advance. To learn more about the benefits of purchasing a life insurance policy, contact Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA.

What New Homeowners Should Know About Home Insurance

Being a new homeowner is one of the most exciting steps you will take in your life. However, there’s a lot for new homeowners to learn, including understanding home insurance.  If you need home insurance in Buford, GA, Town & Country Insurance can guide you through the process. 

Types of Coverage

  • Dwelling coverage: your home
  • Other property: Other structures (shed, barn, etc.)
  • Personal property: valuables inside your home
  • Liability: Covers expenses if someone is injured on your property
  • Additional living expenses: living expenses if your home is uninhabitable 

Know Your Lender’s Requirements

Be sure to check your lender’s home insurance policy and get adequate coverage. Most lenders will require you to purchase home insurance before you close on your home, and not getting the proper coverage can cost a lot of time and headaches. 

Replacement Cost vs Market Value

Replacement cost is what it would cost you to replace your home. Market value is what your home is appraised for in the current market. Most policies offer 125% of the replacement cost.

Know the Exclusions

Most policies will exclude certain types of damage or causes of damage. It’s important to know what these are. You don’t want to file a claim for something that isn’t covered. You may also want to purchase extra coverage to cover exclusions. 

Check the CLUE Report

CLUE stands for Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Report. It’s basically a history of any claims made on your home, even before you owned it. This will likely be taken into account by the insurance company when giving you an insurance quote. If multiple claims have been filed on the home, you may pay higher rates. A CLUE report can give you this information going into purchasing insurance so that you aren’t unpleasantly surprised when you receive a quote. 

If you need home insurance, call us at Town & Country Insurance in Buford, GA. Our agents will explain everything you need to know about home insurance and help you get the coverage you need. 



How Does My Commercial Insurance Coverage Work When Employees Use Their Own Vehicles?

Business owners in the greater Buford, GA area can rely on the professional agents at Town & Country Insurance to help them meet all of their commercial insurance needs. We understand that it can sometimes be tricky to navigate the world of commercial insurance. There are a lot of options and it isn’t always clear exactly what the appropriate coverage may be. This is especially true when it comes to employees using their own vehicles for company business. Our agents are here to review the relevant information with you today.

What You Need to Know About Employees’ Vehicle Use

Most insurance policies operate on an "excess" basis when it comes to non-owned vehicles. This means that if your employee is involved in an accident, in their own vehicle, while on company business, their insurance will provide the primary coverage. Anything covered that is in excess of their policy is then the responsibility of the company. You can avoid this problem by requiring your employees to carry an appropriate level of coverage on their own policy. It also makes sense to have an enforced policy in place that stipulates who is and is not permitted to drive their personal vehicle for work-related tasks. We also recommend that if your business model calls for the use of employee-owned vehicles that you consider an umbrella policy to cover the increased liability exposure. 

If you are a business owner in the greater Buford, GA area and want to make sure that you have the commercial insurance coverage you need, give us a call. The team at Town & Country Insurance is here to help you find the commercial insurance policy that is right for your needs. Call or stop by today!